The Gift of TIME
Looking for a rewarding way to make a difference in our community? Why not consider giving your time and expertise to help us empower Southern Alberta women with the skills and confidence they need to succeed.
The YWCA Lethbridge & District Board of Directors focuses on strategic leadership and is responsible for the organization’s highest level of decision-making and legal authority. The Board determines the organization’s mission, vision and values and works with the Chief Executive Officer to steer the direction of the organization.
Here’s what the commitment looks like…
- Serve for a 3-year term
- Commit about 10 hours per month of your time to the organization
- Participate in at least one Board committee (Finance; Awareness & Fund Development; Nominating)
- Attend monthly board meetings on the third Thursday of each month (September-June)
- Purchase & maintain a YWCA Lethbridge & District voting membership
For more information, please contact our YWCA Lethbridge & District Board President at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Voting Member
Your membership shows that you advocate for women and support our important work.
Since 1949, YWCA Lethbridge & District has been committed to offering quality programs and services to women, youth, children and families. A YWCA Lethbridge membership shows that you advocate for women and support our important work.
We’re working to build out our membership value proposition to include some additional tangible benefits for our members . . . stay tuned!
Make a Difference!
- Get involved with Canada’s largest women’s organization.
- Help provide support to women at critical turning points in their lives.
- Join over 25 million women around the world in making a difference!
Have a voice in our strategic Direction
- Join a committee
- Voting members elect our Board of Directors at the Annual General Meeting
Attend our Annual General Meeting
- Hear about what’s happening at the YWCA
- Review our financial position
- Engage with our Board of Directors
- $20 Annually
- For women over age 16
- $10 Annually
- For men or youth under age 16 who support the cause
*All membership fees qualify for charitable tax receipts.
Serve on a Committee
Looking for a deeper way to get involved, but not ready for the commitment required of a Board member? We invite qualified members of the public to help us fulfill our Mission to enhance the lives of women by volunteering to serve on one of our committees
Work With Us
Make a living that makes a difference.
At YWCA Lethbridge, we tackle complex challenges, work hard, and take time to have some fun. We’re innovative problem solvers, life-long learners, and experts in our fields. Together, we enhance women’s lives by providing programs and services that empower them, support equality and promote wellness in mind, body and spirit. After all, that’s our Mission.